University of Cincinnati
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI
What makes us exceptional:
• interdisciplinary study opportunities
• wide range of facilities, including those with cutting-edge technologies
• working opportunities while in the program (teaching, internships, gallery work, etc)
• special funding for student research and travel
• world-class visiting artists
• strong connections to a vibrant cultural/art environment in Cincinnati
• a wealth of employment opportunities in the arts
The MFA program at the University of Cincinnati is housed within the renowned College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning and is currently ranked in the top 50 MFA programs nationwide. Our students enjoy access to the wealth of resources and diverse academic and
cultural programming offered by a world-class research university, which, in 2010 was ranked in the top 100 universities in North America and as one of the top 200 in the world.
Our students find themselves steeped in a rich academic and creative environment both on and off campus - from signature architectural buildings on campus to an active and growing art scene with international programming at both the Contemporary Art Center and the Cincinnati Art Museum. Additionally, Cincinnati boasts an active local art scene with many artist-run spaces (often owned and operated by UC alumni), which present dynamic, challenging programming and opportunities for exhibition or cross-disciplinary collaboration.
Our program offers a dynamic learning experience in a range of studio and post-studio applications. Rather than requiring students to declare a studio concentration, we offer an interdisciplinary curriculum that encourages students to focus on the development of
their work through contact with internationally recognized faculty across all disciplines. Additionally, students can earn certificates in Museum Studies and Curatorial Practice, both of which offer hands-on experience in the field.